– Smiling Mind App: Free mindfulness meditation, suitable for primary school aged children (and adults too!)
– Articles on Dr Kaylene Henderson’s website:
- This is a Western Australian site that has some really practical workbooks for older children to work through on a range of topics, including perfectionism, asserting yourself, social anxiety, panic attacks, excessive worrying and low self esteem.
– The BRAVE Program: a free online self help program
- (CBT-based) for children aged 8+. There are also programs for parents.
– Helpful articles for parents on the Psych Central website:
The eSafety Commission is responsible for promoting online safety for all Australians. The Screen Smart Parent Tour is a free 10 minute interactive tour for parents of pre-teens and young teens (10 to 14 years). It contains tips and practical steps to support parents with exploring online safety and how to manage online issues.
The topics are:
- Social media
- Screen time
- Personal information
- Inappropriate content
- Contact with strangers
Schools may like to promote this resource with your families. Supporting your parents/carers with this content is especially important at this age as young people strive for independence and peer acceptance.